Name of Division (Date of creation of Division): Electro-technical Division (1951)
In-charge of Division: Engr. Muhammad Ashraf Palari (Deputy Director)
Brief History of Division:
Electro-technical Division was established in 1951 by the general body of formerly PSI currently known as SDC. Electro technical Division has adopted, formulated and adapted many standards. Since its creation 3069 standards have been developed. Out of which 641 Pakistan Standards have been formulated and 2428 standards have been adopted on the basis of IEC and ISO. Most of the addressed areas are Electrical Appliances, Electrical Measurements, Rotatory Machines, Batteries, Transformer, Circuit breaker, Explosive Hazardous areas, Photovoltaic managements systems, Energy efficiency, Renewable Energy, Alternative Energy etc. Recently a new Technical Committee i.e., “Technical Committee for Small Hydro Power – TC-21” has been created by the Electro-technical National Standards Committee because of the importance of the field and the great potential in this specific area.
Scope of Activities of Division:
- Electrotechnical National Standards committee was created by Board of Directors for the activities relating to articles, products and processes, as deemed necessary.
- Electro-technical Division shall establish, adopt/ adapt the National Standards to cater the national needs and to fulfill the requirements of regional and international trade.
- Deals with all kinds of technical matters / queries in the area of Electro-technical Division.
- Efforts made to reduce the barriers to trade complying to WTO TBT policies.
- Participation through E-balloting in formulation of international draft standards.
NSC’s Name: Electro-technical National Standards Committee
Scope of work: To endorse the activities of technical committees i.e., standards formulation, adoption and adaptation, to recommend technical regulations, to provide guideline to technical committees, to appoint Chairpersons of Technical committees and its members etc.
Chairperson of NSC: Engr. Asif Mirza
Vice-Chairperson: Engr. Sajid Ali khan
Secretariat: Engr. Muhammad Ashraf Palari (Deputy Director)
Engr. Mazhar Ali Khichi (Assistant Director)
Approved Standards at National Standing Committee (NSC) level: 3069
Draft Standards under consideration at National Standing Committee (NSC) level: 12 Standards
Future Work Plans: Comfort Fans and Regulators for Household and Similar Purposes – Methods
for Measuring Performance – PS: 1/2021, 5th (Revision), ICS No. 23.120.
Technical Committee (TC) under National Standing Committee (NSC): 21
- Electric Fan (TC-1)
- Electric Lamps (TC-2)
- Electrical Appliances & Accessories (TC-3)
- Electrical Measurements(TC-4)
- Rotating Electrical Machines (TC-5)
- Dry Cell Batteries and Accumulators (TC-6)
- Electric Cables(TC-7)
- Transformers (TC-8)
- Voltage, Current Rating & Frequencies (TC-9)
- Electrical Installations of Buildings (TC-10)
- Environmental Testing (TC-11)
- Insulators (TC-12)
- Metal clad Switchgear, Control gear and Fuses (TC-13)
- Vocabularies (TC-14)
- Electroplating (TC-15)
- Sparking Plugs (TC-16)
- Dielectric Material and Power Capacitors (TC-17)
- Electric Switches, Plugs & Socket” (TC-18)
- Electrical Equipment for explosive Atmosphere (TC-19)
- Solar photovoltaic energy systems(TC-20)
- Small Hydro Power(TC-21)
Notification: No. PSQCA/SDC-2/NSCAF/2021 (Dated: 24-08-2021). PS:1/2021(R), PS: 5294/2021(R), PS: 5531/2021
No. PSQCA/SDC-2/NSCAF/2020 (Dated: 22-12-2021) PS: 5472/2020, PS:5473/2020